"I promise you, I'm always there. When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair. I'll carry you when you need a friend, you'll find my footprints in the sand." -Leona Lewis, Footprints in the Sand

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Name that Baby!

So, Logan and I have been thinking of names for this little boy ever since we found out what gender he was. When we first decided to have a baby, we had a girl name picked out and had kinda discussed a boy name. The boy name we had was Landon, but once we knew for sure that it was a boy, that name just didn't seem to fit. So we went on websites for names and must I say, there are some VERY interesting names. I came up with a list a few names that I really liked and told Logan, but none of them really seemed right.
One night, I was having a really hard time sleeping. The baby kept moving and I couldn't get comfortable and I kept trying to talk to the baby and tell him to go to sleep. For some reason the letter "J" just kept coming to my mind. So, I started going through all the "J" names that I know and weeding out the ones I didn't really care for. Finally I came to the name Jake, and I really liked it, it just seemed to fit. So the next morning when we woke up, I told Logan what I thought and it took him only a few seconds to say,"Yeah, I really like that name. That works." So there you have it, our little guy's name is going to be Jake. The middle name is still up in the air but it's nice to have a name to call our little guy when we talk to him.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! When are you due? I am so excited for you! btw it has been forever since I have seen! In other words I MISS YOU! :D Hope your pregnancy goes great! :d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any boy name with the letter "jay" in it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys like it...we do too!! :) Jessica, I miss you too! We don't live too far from each other, so when you go see your parents you can stop by and say HI! Oh, and I am due the end of August. :)

    ReplyDelete