"I promise you, I'm always there. When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair. I'll carry you when you need a friend, you'll find my footprints in the sand." -Leona Lewis, Footprints in the Sand

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy Quarter

The past few months we have been SUPER busy!  We bought a house at the end of January and did some updating on it before moving in around the end of February.  We are still working on the house and it is slowly coming along.  There are lots of finishing work to finish and some painting to be done which I am hoping to finish this summer.

Logan has been in school this last quarter and with all the projects we have taken on with the house has been struggling with school.  We are hoping that next semester will be a bit easier where he can focus on only school and work.

With the warm weather comes yard cleanup and gardening.  Logan and I are starting our first garden and it has been going pretty well.  Logan tilled up the grass in a section of our back yard and chopped down the bushes in the area so we could get ready.  With the warm weather we went ahead and planted our garden and are hoping that the weather doesn't get too cold.  Our yard is in pretty decent shape, there are some things we need to clean up such as a bathtub that was put in the ground (not sure what it was used for) and instead of pouring a sidewalk to lead to the back yard, the previous owner just used broken up tile and stone.  Plus, there is a lot of paint and other garbage that they left that we need to get rid of.  I will be busy making some garden beds and giving the yard some more curb appeal.

With how busy we have been, I haven't really noticed how big and grown up our little Jake has gotten.  He is no longer a helpless baby, he is mobile!  He started crawling and even though he is still getting the hang of it, he wants to get into everything!  He is so much fun and I am so glad that I can quite my job this summer and be able to spend more time with him.  He is the sunshine in my day and he sure loves to be around people, he does not like to be alone very much.

Well that is a quick update about us and I will post pictures later of the before and after's of our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment