"I promise you, I'm always there. When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair. I'll carry you when you need a friend, you'll find my footprints in the sand." -Leona Lewis, Footprints in the Sand

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Holidays of 2011

The Holidays this year have been great so far. We spent Thanksgiving with Logan's family. We had dinner at Cindy's house with lots of family there. It was great to spend time doing crafts and such with the girls. :) We then had to go to Twin Falls on Friday night because one of our vehicles needed the timing belt changed, and Tracie's sister-in-law's baby shower was on Saturday. Logan was sad that he didn't get to spend as much time with his family, but was glad we were able to save a lot of money by having my dad help him out with fixing the car.

Christmas was crazy! We spent Christmas with Tracie's family and boy did we get spoiled! We had lots of fun. We traveled to Twin Falls the morning of Christmas Eve and spent the day getting settled, visiting with family that stopped by, and playing games. My family also does a gift exchange where we draw names and get them a gift. We exchanged those gifts on Christmas Eve, because it is tradition in my family to open a gift on Christmas Eve and we thought those would be good ones to open. The next morning, Christmas morning, we woke up to a surprise from Santa ;). We must have been on the nice list because we got plenty! Even Jake got plenty to last him a while! My dad had Jake's name for gift exchange and he looked all over town to find his gift and fortunatly, was able to get the last one in town! He got Jake a little rocking horse that talks and sings. It was so cute putting him on it! I have a video of him on it, if I can get it to upload. Logan spoiled me this year and got me a sewing machine, and I got him (but let him pick it out) a home theatre system.

Anyway, we love our families and are very grateful for the spirit and meaning of the holidays. We want to thank everyone for your support and gifts you have given us for Christmas and throughout the year. We love you all and wish you a Happy New Year!


My Cute and handsome boys!


Our gifts from Santa!

Jake opening his present!

Me and my cutie!-just after his haircut


Jake on his rocking horse for the first time!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so awesome! I love your cute family. Jake is adorable and I think he is looking more like Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a cutie! I'm sad we don't live close anymore... Love you guys and it looks like you had a fun christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the up-date. Sounds like you all had a wonderful christmas. Jake is such a cute little guy. I love the pic of Logan and Jake. He looks like he loves his rocking horse too!

    ReplyDelete